Our Mission, Our Aims
“Where two or three gather in my name, I am there among them.”
At St Wilfrid’s …
We know that Jesus is always with us
We are called to do God’s work
We are a family that celebrates the uniqueness of everyone.
We work hard to develop our gifts so we can use them to show love for one another and to care for our common home
- As a Catholic school we aim to develop the full potential of each unique individual in the light of the teaching of Christ and the Gospels.
- To provide effective, professional teaching within a loving Catholic Christian environment; and to use praise, encouragement and forgiveness as motivating factors in our school life.
- For each child to understand that God loves them unconditionally and accompanies them at all times on their journey through life.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for children and adults.
Teaching and Learning
- We aim to develop a range of skills, concepts and attitudes relevant to children now and in the future; and to enable children to communicate well in spoken and written means in a digital age.
- To provide a creative broad curriculum and for each child: to be healthy; to stay safe; to enjoy and achieve; to make a positive contribution; and achieve economic well-being.
- To address and develop children’s individual needs, abilities and aptitudes.
- For children to collaborate well with others, and be able to develop good teamwork and people-skills.
- We aim for our pupils to develop enquiring minds, become inventive thinkers and to be able to express a love of the creative arts.
- To provide opportunities for personal success and to give equal opportunities for it.
- To develop resilience, self-discipline, self-respect and respect for others; and to foster an atmosphere of co-operation, concern and tolerance throughout the school.
- To prepare each child for later education and for adult life.
- We aim for the school to work in partnership with children’s families, our parish and our local communities.
- To ensure that the school complies with all statutory requirements.