Our Mission, Our Aims
Our school is a Catholic Christian environment inspired by, and rooted in, the values of the Gospel, where everyone is encouraged to grow in faith and moral responsibility.
Our school strives to be a place where everyone, through hard work and service to others, can reach their full potential and be formed for their eternal destiny.
- As a Catholic school we aim to develop the full potential of each unique individual in the light of the teaching of Christ and the Gospels.
- To provide effective, professional teaching within a loving Catholic Christian environment; and to use praise, encouragement and forgiveness as motivating factors in our school life.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for children and adults.
Teaching and Learning
- We aim to develop a range of skills, concepts and attitudes relevant to children now and in the future; and to enable children to communicate well in spoken and written means in a digital age.
- To provide a creative broad curriculum and to deliver the aims of the Every Child Matters principles: to be healthy; to stay safe; to enjoy and achieve; to make a positive contribution; and achieve economic well-being.
- To address and develop children’s individual needs, abilities and aptitudes.
- For children to collaborate well with others, and be able to develop good teamwork and people-skills.
- We aim for our pupils to develop enquiring minds, become inventive thinkers and to be able to express a love of the creative arts.
- To provide opportunities for personal success and to give equal opportunities for it.
- To develop self discipline, self respect and respect for others; and to foster an atmosphere of co-operation, concern and tolerance throughout the school.
- To prepare each child for later education and for adult life.
- We aim for the school to work in partnership with children’s families, our parish and our local communities.
- To ensure that the school complies with all statutory requirements.